Saturday 21 January 2012

Just a Game


                                                                    Just a game
Sometimes, I wonder if I did justice with my life because all we ever  try to do is to go with the flow of it. Just like a stone in water which once dropped keeps flowing with the flow of water until someone picks it up or it gets sidelined on some so called shore. But, the best part is that when a person picks up that stone, the fate of that stone quickly shifts to the holder of that stone. He will either keep it for some reason or pick it up just to throw it back in the stream of water again. Same happens with us. There is a striking similarity i.e. just when you think that you have nothing left in life or you feel like you have hit a rock bottom all you want is to be picked up by someone, someone who’ll either mould you again &keep you or someone who’ll just pick you up to throw back into the game of life…..Isn’t it..???
Well, I can’t speak on behalf of everyone but it has happened with me and I am very grateful to people like them who taught me to play the game of “life” again.
What are we…???
Just a solid figure of bones and muscles with a soul. This soul is what keeps the flame alive…the flame that someone ignites within you when you’ve lost every bit of faith in yourself or when you’ve lost the zeal to get up again. But, at least there is one difference between the rock and us. It’s the desire. The rock surely is a non-living thing but so is the desire until and unless we find the right way to or the right soul to ignite it. The rock can’t go back to the water itself, someone will have to throw it in the water, but we, we humans can do that on our own will. It’s not about giving up when life turns bitter or gets the bad of you…It’s about staying put and playing the challenge with a blend of desire. This is who we are,  we need to learn to get up every time we fall down and instead not turn into some rock and wait for someone to come along and put us back in this life’s game….
While I was in school, there was a particular quote put up on the wall that I admired the most…it read.. “Failure is not when you fail; it’s when you don’t get up again”. It inspired me every time I read it and that thought still lingers in my mind and some time’s it does its purpose…. i.e. to help me get back in the game……….

2 comments: